The latest version of GeoMaster Mobile, created by the Atlas developers at Integral, is now available for iOS devices from the Apple App Store.
You can now have all your forest information with you, wherever you are, on iPad or iPhone.
This app does not require mobile coverage as all the data is housed on the device, but can display the user’s position in the forest using the phone’s GPS capability. The data provided includes maps, details of stands, and all events recorded for those stands. The app enables users to record notes about stands, along with sketched polygons, and photos. When within mobile coverage this information can be emailed back to the office for recording in GeoMaster.
- Pre-load any GIS data you want on the device (e.g. topography, contours, LiDAR, hazards, stands, and harvest plans).
- GPS will show you exactly where you are in the forest.
- View details of strands, operations, harvest plans, and expected yield.
- Make notes, including photos and GIS sketches (or GPS trails).
- Plan operations with GIS sketches or GPS trails.
- Email notes back to the office, and load recorded photos, sketches and GPS trails into GIS.
- Atlas GeoMaster forest management system to generate required data files.
- iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.